Main Idea || To become more like Jesus, invest in being with Jesus more.
CONTINUING THE CONVERSATION:
1. Do you sometimes struggle with the Bible? How?
2. “Whatever we may think about the Bible, we simply cannot separate life in Christ from a life in which Scripture dominates our thoughts, beliefs, words, and actions. Fulfilling our calling to love and enjoy God with everything we are and to love our neighbor as ourselves— that is, becoming irresistible— stands or falls on whether or not we become people of the Book.” ~ Scott Sauls
- How have you (or might you) overcome your struggles or challenges with the Bible to become a “person of the book”?
3. Being with Jesus through the Scripture is how the Holy Spirit empowers us
- to understand him, to enjoy him, to desire him.
- Have you ever felt empowered for any of these? (understand him, enjoy him, desire him)