Main Idea || In light of God’s story, we now effort to maintain our unity, contribute our ministry and grow in our maturity.
CONTINUING THE CONVERSATION:
1. In v2, Paul describes a life worthy of our calling as one of humility, gentleness, patience, and lovingkindness.
a. Why do you think these attitudes are sometimes hard to maintain within the church, of all places?
b. Why might you personally need Paul’s reminder?
2. Jesus’s purpose for gifting some believers to be church leaders is to equip the church members for working, building and maturing.
a. How is this purpose different from other purposes of leadership you have encountered outside the church?
b. In your opinion, why should leading Jesus’s church be marked by a different kind of leadership?
3. Paul teaches us that the difference between a believer who is like a child (v. 14) and one who is growing up (v. 15) is discernment and Christlikeness.
a. Is there anything you’ve found that’s helped you grow in those two areas?
14 Then we will
- no longer be immature like children. We
- won’t be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will
- not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth.
15 Instead, we will
- speak the truth in love,
- growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church.