Despite how disappointing this recent pandemic season has been for all of us, there are ways we can clearly see God at work. Through your generous responses to the needs we presented to our church family, we were able to set aside $7300 to help meet the needs of our front line medical workers, single mom’s and a local missionary. It’s heartwarming to think about how deeply God worked in us to meet these needs through the generous giving of His church.
- GIVING PROMISE PACE With only 12 months remaining on our giving promises, we’re still on pace with 83% of our promised giving received ($639,688 of $765,817 as of July 31st, 2020). This means that the giving received is ahead of schedule. Thank God.
- MORTGAGE DEBT PROGRESS By the end of 2020, we expect to have paid off $220,000 of our mortgage already.
- COMMUNITY CHILDCARE PARTNERSHIP While we wait and discern the best timing for reopening our own preschool, we are in the planning process to develop a child care program that brings relief to families who urgently need child care for their kids who are suddenly learning remotely. We also have reached out about partnering with local child care providers about leasing our new space this fall. We feel one of these paths might be our next God-given opportunity to serve distressed families, cover building costs and build impact relationships with local leaders through offering timely full day child care.
- EXTRA BUILDING USAGE We’ve been putting our new kid’s space to work in as many ways as possible while we wait for the Covid restrictions to ease up. We have been able to film professional quality Kid Central teaching videos, hold distanced church leadership team meetings, and create private work spaces.
- KID CENTRAL CNY PRESCHOOL & REMOTE LEARNING CENTER We will be opening our doors to families for Preschool to 3 & 4 year olds and to school age children for volunteers to help with their remote learning while parents are at work.
We will not lose focus on our mission to love our north central New York families through this God-given tool. We are praying and listening for any and all the ways God leads us to use it to help make His name famous in our hearts, homes and neighborhoods.
View the journey from the beginning to today at kidcentral.northcentral.org and discover how you can get involved.
**Individuals/families who have made a promise will receive a giving statement from our Accounts Manager showing giving progress for 24 of the 36 months (June 1, 2018-July 31, 2020) campaign. If you made a promise and have not received your giving statement, please contact our office at 315.458.0896 M-F 9a-4p or email email@example.com.