BIG IDEA: All believers are justified by their faith, not by their obedient effort.
Continuing the Conversation:
- Describe what it says about God that he has “justified you by faith alone” and not by your “obedient effort”.
- What does that mean to you?
- In which areas have you been trying to “increasingly walk in line with the gospel” over the last month? The last year?
- Gut check: Are there people in God’s church family you have not been “eating with” because they are not “like you”? What self-righteousness lies beneath this attitude?
- How could you motivate yourself, and other Christians, less with guilt and more with the gospel?