Main Idea || Our marriage relationship is designed to shine as a bright & attractive reflection of Jesus’ humble self-giving love.
CONTINUING THE CONVERSATION:
1. If you’re married, do you remember why you got married or even what your expectations for marriage were?
2. Which of these seems more challenging for expressing love in a marriage: willingness to give up control or a willingness to give up one’s own life?
3. How have you or someone you know struggled with the self-centeredness generated by prioritizing one’s own individual happiness or woundedness?
4. Which of these Christian principles seems to stir in you the most Spirit-generated selflessness?“
a. Don’t think less of yourself or more of yourself but think of yourself less.”“
b. In Jesus your needs are being met so that you don’t look at your spouse as your savior.”
c. “Self-centeredness by its very character makes you blind to your own — while being hypersensitive, offended, and angered by that of others. But the gospel, brought home to your heart by the Spirit, can make you happy enough to be humble.”
5. Which of these 3 responses might be the best place for you to start seeing more transformation in your life or marriage?
a. Seek humility.
b. Seek forgiveness.
c. Seek help.