MAIN IDEA: To fix your problem, you first have to fix your perspective.
CONTINUING THE CONVERSATION:
1. In His own Words, God advises us : So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. [2 Corinthians 4:18 NLT]
- Do you tend to be a “look at the troubles we can see now" person or a “fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen" person?
- How might it help people we who are discouraged or depressed to be reminded that the troubles we see now are only temporary?
2. Why do you think God directs us to fix our gaze on unseen things that last forever?
- Are there any specific “unseen things that last forever” that have helped encourage you? (Ex: our eternal bodies & holiness, our eternal heavenly home, etc)
3. In your experience, what does someone who's discouraged or depressed need most from the people who love them?